Friday, June 8, 2007

Jessica's Virtual Vacation Questionnaire

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why? Alaska. I spent 3 weeks there after I graduated high school and would LOVE to go back again!

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?
Holland. I want to see the windmills and the fields of tulips.

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries? Yes, but way to many to list them all! It is so much fun to make cross country trips! My family and most friends live in different states so I get to travel through a lot of different places on a very frequent basis.

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it? I've never gone any where that I consider exotic. Wish that I could say that I have though!

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why? Alaska. It was my first "real" trip to anywhere. My mom's best friend lives there so it was nice to visit her kids that I grew up with and hadn't seen in a while. The state parks themselves are amazing, not to mention the midnight moose ponds!

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain. I moved to North Carolina less than 2 years ago and I have a great husband who likes to go different places so I've played tourist a lot here.

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker? I absolutely love all three! I try to visit the museums in any city that I live in or travel to. I've been a beach vacationer since I was a kid and make it a point to take my kids to the amusement parks for the roller coasters at least once every summer!

8. What's your favorite type of yarn? I'm a newbie still. I have learned after using natural yarns that I love the feel of them so much more.

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn? Acrylic feels "squeaky" to me and makes my hands hurt to knit. I also don't like "hairy" yarns, my nose always itches.

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet? I've just started knitting my first wearable item, a baby sweater for my SIL due in November. I haven't been knitting or crocheting long enough to have an absolute favorite yet. I try to find things to make that will make me learn something new (stitches, gauge, shaping, etc.).

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation? Last summer was my first vacation crocheting so I took yarn to work on scarves for Christmas presents for my sisters. When I'm in a car I usually take something easy like dish cloths that I hand to my mom when I get there.

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet? I've been making simple cards for family and friends for a year or two. My aunt taught me to cross stitch when I was 6, but I haven't done it in 2 or 3 years. I don't have a ton of interest in learning anything else right now (my husband thanks me for that).

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise) Green peppers. LOL Nothing else that I know of!

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite? Any shade of blue or red. I hate brown and I don't like pastels or Autumn colors (orange, yellows, etc.) they look horrible on me!

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)? Either, depends on my mood.

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know? This is my first swap and I am just super excited to be involved!