Thursday, June 7, 2007

Joyce's Virtual Vacation Questionnaire

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why? Hawaii - it is the only state I have not visited

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?
any that I have not visited - my goal in life is to become a member of the Century Club where membership requirement is having visited at least 100 different countries or regions of the world; I'm at 17

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?
Yes, a number of times on vacations: New Jersey to Rhode Island to Maine/New Hampshire/Vermont and back home to New Jersey; New Jersey to North Carolina and back home via the Blue Ridge and Shenandoah Parkways; New Jersey to Michigan and back home to New Jersey; Kansas to Minnesota to North Dakota and home to Kansas; Kansas to Texas and back home to Kansas; Kansas to Colorado and back home to Kansas along a different route; Oklahoma to New Mexico via Route 66 and back home via the routes that formed the third leg of the triangle with the Route 66 part of the trip. Those are the ones where I was driving, not the ones as a child where I was a passenger.

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it?
People's Republic of China

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why?
Just one? All of those in # 3 where I added a few days before and after a meeting where I could just wander without a set itinerary or being accountable to anyone

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain. When my parents came to visit me when I lived in Alaska, New Jersey, Kansas, and Oklahoma I went to places I had never been before

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker?
museum visitor

8. What's your favorite type of yarn?
very soft

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn?
The ones that get caught on hang nails I did not know I had and ones that unravel before I can get them cast on

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet?
those for which I do not have to measure gauge such as scarves and shawls

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation?
at least 2 of my current projects or projects I want to start on; one small that I can carry on the plane easily and one large that I can work on in the hotel room

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?
embroidery, cross-stitch, needlepoint

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise)
not as far as I know but I have not tried every thing

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite?
favorite is blue; least favorite is green

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?
both, depends on my mood

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know? I love to read, travel, cook [easy things that look like they took a lot of effort], sit by water [pool, lake, ocean], and float in the pool