Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Rachell's Virtual Vacation Questionnaire

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why? It's so far but I'd like to go to Hawaii. I want to learn to surf and see the black beaches. Otherwise, I'd like to go out west. I haven't seen much in the US beyond Illinois.

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?

I would like to go to Ireland and Australia. I have a friend in Aus that I haven't seen in years and it just look slike a beautiful country. Regarding Ireland, my hus bad is dying to go so it's next on our list. Not sure when it will be but it also looks neat.

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries? We drive to KY each year to go camping but it's not really that far. I've driven the TN. I've also driven to NYC from Ohio when I went to college and when I came home four years later. That's probably the farthest I've ever driven.

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it? I just went to Iceland. While it may not fit the traditional definition of exoctic it was different than any other place that I've been.

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why? It would probably be my honeymoon. Mainly because it was my honeymoon but we went to Italy and had the best time at a villa in Tuscany. It was just beautiful.

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain. Not really. I've taken people who visit to some of the touristy stuff but never really made a point of it myself.

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker? I'd rather sit in the sun at the beach.

8. What's your favorite type of yarn? I am a fairly new knitter so I don't have any favorites just yet. I don't really like working with acrylic but I do see that it has a place now and then. I like wool. I'm working on a baby blanket in cotton that seems like it will be extra warm.

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn? Synthetic but I do know that it has aplace now and then.

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet? So far I have only done scarves, a cool headband, working on a blanket, and I made a couple beer can koozies that were fun. I like fun, quirky stuff that doesn't take too long.

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation? I'm so new that I often forget. We just spent all day Saturday at an outdoor festival when I should have brought my knitting but I forgot. I did buy some nice yarn while I was in Iceland.

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet? I like to make jewelry and I sew a little. I'm pretty crafty. I also like to build things - we made a corn hole set last summer and I've made bird houses out of gourds before.

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise) No.

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite? I like orange and purple or earth tones. I don't like blue for some reason.

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)? Either, since I've been pregnant though I usually go for the sweets.

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know? I am expecting, due in November. It's our first, we're pretty excited. I am very new to knitting but seem to be a fast learner.

I live in Ohio