Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Aileen's Virtual Vacation Questionnaire

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why? I would like to visit Oregon because of the great hiking. Also, I heard Portland is a pretty kick-a$$ city to see.

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why? Tahiti, because I want to take pictures in those huts on the ocean. OR Japan, the textiles in that country and sushi are amazing. Probably the entire Southeast of Asia

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries? Personally have driven from Jersey to Florida a few times. I am always driving between NJ/NY/PA. Also, when I interned at Boeing, we went all over Washington state, ferry too, and into Vancouver. Going to school in Boston, I did that drive at least 3 times a year. Driven all through New England. When I was younger, we drove up to Toronto. Let's just say I drive a lot!

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it? I went on a cruise last year, and experienced Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St, John, Bahamas, and St. Maarteen/St. Martin.

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why? My favorite vacation was Hawaii. Just love to see the difference between the busy south shore to the laid-back, peaceful north shore

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain. Yes, one year my college volleyball team hosted the Peru/USA National Women's Volleyball Tour. I had to drive the ladies of Peru to the Statue of Liberty and to (what NJ is known for...) the mall.

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker? Whatever the town I am visiting is known for.

8. What's your favorite type of yarn? Anything fun and soft

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn? Novelty

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet? Shawls, socks, blankets, scarves, wristlets, and hats...anything quick, but I am slowly getting into sweaters (baby steps, ya know)

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation? scarves

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet? painting, although, I haven't done it in a while

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise) No

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite? blue is my favorite, and least favorite is coral

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)? Sweet

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know? I love knitting with music playing in the background...anything but country!

I live in Pennsylvania